What We Are About
CareLink of Northwest Georgia, Inc. began as a vision of need of many Paulding County residents for years. In the fall of 2014, a team of concerned community members embarked on a journey to form what we now know as CareLink: a community-based clinic delivering healthcare to those in need in both Paulding County and surrounding areas.
- CareLink was incorporated as a 501c3 non-profit health center in 2015.
- CareLink and Wellstar Health System became community health partners in July 2018.
- In partnership with WellStar Health System, CareLink was created to provide healthcare and other necessary resources to our county’s and surrounding areas uninsured and underserved adult residents.
- On November 6, 2018, through hard work, perseverance and dedication, CareLink opened its doors to patients.
- CareLink is Paulding County’s only 100% volunteer run primary care health facility.
- CareLink is confident that through the provision of safe and compassionate high quality care that we provide we will effectively Strengthen Individuals, Create Healthier Families and Improve Community Health.
Needs Assessment for Paulding County commanded a deliberate focus on Prevention and Access to Care. 12% of residents in Paulding County are uninsured limiting their ability to obtain crucial preventive and routine health services. This statistic is most profoundly manifested in Paulding’s elevated rates of chronic disease and preventable illness with heart disease, lung disease, cancer, and stroke at the top of the list.